Friday, July 1, 2011

Marry Me, Marry You (Part 3)

This is Part III of my story While I Wait Until You Come Home. If you haven't read it yet, read it here.
Part II is entitled Just the way you are. Read it here.
Hope you enjoy this! Coz I really had fun writing their story. Much <3 
Have this video played in background, and you'll enjoy reading the story even more. :)) It's a cover by Alex Thao of What Makes You Different of the Backstreet Boys.



*sorry for the poor editing. They just wouldn't obey!

In his mind:
So I heard you’re here at our college campus, doing volunteer work for the church. Just so you know, I’m here too, doing stuff for our org. While you were away, Sketchbook has been one of the things I’ve devoted my time on. But now, it seems like it’s taking my time away from you. Well, not that I really spend time with you while you’re still in town. Why do I get tongue-tied when you’re around? You’re the most approachable person I know! Everyone seems to share a word or two with you once in a while. Everyone but me.

In her mind:
Hey I’m at your school campus! Wonder if you’re here too. Okaaaay. So someone just mentioned you’re here too.  And he said you’re the head of your organization! What do you call that? Sketchbook? I’m so happy for you. You finally went out of your shell. That got me wondering though. Since you seem like you’ve left your shell already, why haven’t you talked to me then? I’m still in town. And I’ve got a few weeks to go before I leave for school. But wait. Why am I still wishing you’d talk to me? Maybe you found someone else while I was gone. Someone better.

~

In his mind:
Why am I here again? Oh. To find something interesting to draw. But you’re the only one that interests me here! Of all the topics that was left unassigned, the event of the church would be the one left to my care. That’s not too bad though. I get to see you. But you get to see how dope I am too.

In her mind:
How I wish you were here with me doing this stuff. I missed those times when you’d do things so silently I almost forgot you were there with us. Wait. Who’s this approaching? Oh my. It’s you.

~

In his mind:
Shoot these hands! They can’t stop trembling! No matter how hard I try to calm them down, they just wouldn’t obey. Not to mention they’re getting all sweaty. Ugh. I hate this. I’ve been avoiding eye contact with you since I got here. But you know what? Aside from this stupid reaction I have, I just can’t bring myself to stare at you. I’m afraid you’ll see what I’ve been hiding for a long time now.

In her mind:
Are you mad at me again? Or are you just avoiding me? Okay. So maybe you didn’t see me. Or don’t want to talk to me? Even just smile? Okaaaay. What am I thinking? Maybe he just totally forgot about me. Forgot that we were even friends.

~




In his mind:
It’s now or never. It’s now or never. It’s now or… wait. She still has a few more weeks before she leaves. I can talk to her some other time. Ugh. No! I need to talk to her as often as possible! But how? I can’t even look at her. The last time I talked to her was at the party. That was like a few days ago. What’s so different with this one now? I can talk to her now. Oh no wait. Who’s that guy talking to you? No, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!

In her mind:
I know I shouldn’t be thinking about this, but I still do anyway. What’s wrong with you? You talked to me at the party, right? The party where you looked so… stupid smile. Go away. Someone might think I was crazy or something. Smiling to myself. Until now, I can’t help but smile when I remember how you looked that night. Oh no. Please stay at someone else’s face, smile. He might think I’m crazy--- who is this guy?

~

Stranger:“Hi.”
Her:       “Hello?” Who is this guy?
Stranger:“I’m---“
Him:      “Happy to see you!” Was I too late? What on earth was he telling you?
Stranger: “Excuse me---“
Him:       “How are you?” Are you okay? What did he tell you?
Her:        “Fine?” I thought you were at the other side of the venue!
Stranger: “Hey, I’m---“
Him:       “I think you should get going…” Get out of here.
Stranger: “Who do you think you are?”
Him:       “I’m---“ her future…
Her:       “B--Friend!” That was close.
Stranger:“Uhh. Okay.”
Him:      “Bye!” Take that.
Her:       “Err.” Sorry, whoever you are.
Stranger:“See you around then.”
Him:      “Who was that?” Why did I say that out loud?!
Her:     “Uhh. I don’t know? He just came up to me.” Unlike you, you rarely talk to me.
Him:      “Oh. Good.” My brain can’t control my words!
Her:       “Good? Why?” Don’t tell me you’re jealous.
Him:      “Uhh. Nothing. Really.” Now I get tongue-tied again.
Her:       “Oh.” Liar.
Him:    “Uhm. What’s this activity about?” Whew. At least I can start small talk now.
Her:       “Seminar of participants in the Mass Marriage.” Why is the last word so weird when you’re the one I’m talking to?
Him:      “Oh. Okay.” Wonder when we’ll get there. I can’t even ask you out.
Her:      “Well. I think I should get back to work.” Since you seem at loss of words again.
Him:     “Okay.” Think about something. FAST!
Her:      “Bye.” Aren’t you making me stay?
Him:     “Uhh. Wait.” It’s now or never.
Her:      “Yes?” Please please talk to me longer than usual.
Him:   “Err. I think I’ll help you out with those stuff.” Finally. Something sensible.
Her:      “Okay.” SURE.
Him:     “How many couples are there?” Yes. I can do small talk!
Her:    “Thirty four.” Why, you want to join? I’m just here if you need a partner.
Him:     “Oh.” Make that thirty five.
Her:      “Let’s go.” Wonder if we’d get there too. If you’ll ever say Marry Me.
Him:      “Let’s.” I assure you, we’ll get there too. I’ve always been certain that I wanna Marry You.


MVJLO 07.01.11

No comments:

Post a Comment