Friday, July 1, 2011

Just The Way You Are (Part 2)

 This was inspired by this particular cover by Sam Tsui:







In his mind:
I’m here at church again. It’s been two years since you left. Your mom said you’d come home often. Anyway, I always remember you when I’m here. Who am I kidding? I always remember you.

In her mind:
I didn’t know a bus ride can get this bumpy! But I don’t care even the least. Finally, I’m on my way home. I can’t wait to see all of you… to see you.

~

In his mind:
I can’t forget how clumsy you acted during our baccalaureate mass. You tripped right on this very spot. Luckily I was in front of you so you got hold of my arm. I miss your tight grip. I’m leaving now, Lord. Have work to do at home. Take care of her, please.

In her mind:
Is that you walking away from the church? No. It can’t be. That man’s all grown up. And he’s taller than you. That can’t be you. I miss this church. OW! Not again? I tripped over this spot during the baccalaureate mass!

~

In his mind:
Mom told me you’re home already. When will I see you again? What’s this? An invitation. From…you? So you’re holding a party. Good! I won’t have to wrack my brain off just thinking of ways to meet you again.

In her mind:
Did you see the invitation? I’m sure hoping Mom gave it to your Mom by now. I hope you’d come. I heard you’ve changed. A lot. But they say you’ve changed for the better. I wish the change took away your shyness too, so we can talk a little longer. You’ve always been quiet. Much to my dismay.

~

In his mind:
I didn’t know the party’s this big! I’m starting to feel out of place again.
In her mind:
I can’t say no when mom made the list of guests. I know you’d feel uneasy with a crowd like this. That is, if you’re even here.

~

In his mind:
Where are you? Are you planning a grand entrance? Who’s that girl beside your mom and dad? It can’t be you. But that smile…

In her mind:
Are you even here? I see no sign of you. Just your mom…your dad…and your older brother. WHERE ARE YOU?





~

In his mind:
Okay. It’s now or never. I have to see if it’s you.

In her mind:
Look! Your brother’s more descent to come up to me now. Not like you… Not like… Not… Wait, it’s NOT your brother.
~
Him:     Hi.  I sound so lame again.
Her:     Hello. Wait, why can’t I speak?
Him:     I see you don’t know me anymore. Am I really THAT haggard?
Her:     No, no. Of course not. It’s just that… you’ve grown. Grown? Grown-up? Matured? I can’t find the right word.
Him:     Oh. Is that a bad thing? YES! My sentences are longer!
Her:     Of course not. I like it. I like you.
Him:     I like… your curls too. Whew. That was close.
Her:     Thank you. Glad you like it.
Him:     I have something for you. Welcome home! I hope you didn’t notice how shaky my hands are.
Her:     Thank you. Again? Find an alternative for that!
Him:     I heard you’ve been doing well at school. I’m happy for you. Not like me.
Her:     Yes. Well. You know. The usual stuff. But I still have a lot to learn. Still have a lot to change in me. I haven’t changed for the better, unlike you.
Him:     Change? You’re… fine. Perfect.
Her:     I’m not. You are.
Him:     Hmm. Well, I gotta go. Where? I think I’m disturbing you. Lame exit!
Her:     Okay, I have to attend to the other guests too. Which would be boring. Why oh why didn’t I ask you to stay?
~
In his mind:
Good to see you again. ‘Good’ would be an understatement. You’re so beautiful!
Don’t go changing. To try and please me. You never let me down before. I took the good times. I’ll take the bad times. I’ll take you…

In her mind:
I didn’t realize how I missed your smile. You’ve grown a lot, but it’s still the same. Sincere and reassuring.
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while. ‘Cause your amazing…

In their minds:
Just the way you are..

No comments:

Post a Comment